Monday, April 19, 2010

What a Friend we have in Jesus

What a friend I've found in You
When you bore my sins
So that I may live forever
And that You have set me free

Everyday I look forward to spending time with You
I want to get to know You more
To learn about You
And let You speak to me

My heart delights in Your word, O Lord
The one and only, the living word
Thank You for setting me free
Thank You for maturing me

You saw my tears, my hurt
And comforted me
You gave me hope to move on
And to find myself in You

I belong to You and no one else
Only You can make me complete
Because You give me real, true life
Oh how I love You, Lord

Thank You, Jesus
For all that You've done for me
Thank You for being faithful
Even when I broke Your heart

I look forward to this journey
Where You and I can walk this road together
A road of maturity and discovery
O what a friend You are to me

I never knew
That I could find a friend so true
Thank You, my dear Friend
For choosing me

0 comments: