Sunday, April 18, 2010

In thanksgiving

Lord, where do I go from here?

So now, I'm in college. I'm learning to take responsibility for my life and I'm learning to rely on God and trust Him. I've commited myself to being cleansed and sanctified everyday and set aside time to sit at His feet and hear what God has to teach me on a day to day basis.

I am challenged with a question: Will I die for Christ when the time eventually comes?

Have I really, really given my life to Christ? Do I actually mean it when I meditate on Philippians 3: 8..."and count them as rubbish that I may gain Christ?"

Lots of thoughts to ponder on, so much so that today my mind was on a verge of a breakdown and I was really not in the mood for church. Just before worship, I sat on my seat and told God "I don't care how I feel, I just choose to worship You because You are worthy to be praised..."
Then I was OK.

I need to rearrange my life, my thoughts and what I truly believe in. This phase is a transitional phase and I have to keep focused on God so that I will not lose my footing. Its very hard for me not to fall in emo-ness and negative thinking cause I'm very prone to that.

Maturity is a process. Sometimes some are born with it, then there are others who discover it.
For me, I'm in the process of discovering it.
I feel happy. There are just so many things in life to be thankful for


"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.."
- Psalm 100:4-5, NKJV-

0 comments: