Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Ordeal

As much as there's joy and happiness
Sadness still has a place in my heart
There are days when I just want to rebel
"Its so unfair!!", my heart screams.
And all I want to do is just float in a puddle of tears

The happy memories keep me going
My hopes and prayers drive me further
Yet I immediately jam the brakes
When I ask myself
"Why now? Why must this happen??"

For days I've carried unforgiveness and hurt
And a silent but deep anger as well
To the cause of this
In my mind, God tells me,
"Let go, my dear, let go of the poison..."

So I obeyed and decided to let go
O what a release in my spiritual life!
My heart feels lighter
When I see the cause of the issue
I don't feel the stab in my stomach

Dear God, this is so hard.
I'm trying desperately.
I'm on the verge of giving up.
But in my heart, I know this is temporary
That one day, the pretty bluebird will fly back to my window

Right now, life is so exciting!
What with college being so fun and amazing
Yet deep inside, I long for at least a slice of watermelon
To cool down the burning sensation within
A sweet juice to put a smile on my face

In Anne Elliot's shoes I walk
Feeling her worn-out soles
And the rhythm of her dainty steps
Hoping that one day
She will be given a second chance

So I shall wait and wait
For the knock on my front door
For two pens to bring the book back to life
With a smile from above
And a sigh of approval.

0 comments: