Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hit Pause!

I want to be a better person.
I want to learn more about myself.
I want to discover my interests.
I want to find my identity in Christ.
I want to be passionate for a cause.
I want to be useful.
I want to learn.
I want to hunger for something more than life itself.
I want to be aware of what's happening in the world around me.
I want to comtribute and invest in others.

Sometimes I think I'm so useless. I don't have anything to be interested about. All I care about are petty little things, perishable things.


Is there any knowledge in my head? I constantly ask myself. Am I resourceful, useful?
Am I living my life in a way that is pleasing God? Am I a hypocrite? Saying one thing and doing something else?
Am I worth spending time with?
Am I giving to others? Do I truly, truly mean it when I say "I love you, Lord"?


"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting"
- Psalm 139: 23-24 -

0 comments: