Friday, April 30, 2010

Sun Up!

Today I felt much better. I'm realising that I'm growing up too fast and that I should just take a breather and enjoy being a teenager instead of wishing to be a young adult.
Sigh, I wish I had friends my age whom I can hang-out with. Thats another reason why I was desperately wanting to grow up.

It's hard at times to be true to yourself because you know that certain things that you like are flagged off by others as "childish" or "lame". But hey, so what? If I like it, then I like it la! Why measure up to other people's standards?

Plus, I've been having a hard time on believing what the word of God says about me instead of internalizing my own thoughts. Cause my thoughts can be really self-destructing at times (sometimes all the time). I've taken the step to meditate on one scripture a day. (and that reminds me, I've gotta finish memorising Psalm 103:1-5 before we kena from Unc. Nie tomorrow! oopsie...)

During my getaway last week, I drew up a mind map of my abilities and interests and how I can expand them. Ideas started flowing like a waterfall racing down into the river. After that, I felt really relieved and I'm going to apply whatever I wrote.

Feels good to be happy. And fulfilled.



Elmo always makes me happy! :-)

0 comments: