Sunday, April 4, 2010

In God's Time

It was 1.00 am in the cold night,
I've waited for an hour,
Pacing about anxiously,
Trapped in a whirpool of thoughts.
Beneath the wooden door,
I heard a few sniffles and more chatter.

Tired of pacing, I leaned against the wall
Opposite to where you were,
Wondering if you were alright,
Relieved that you could finally open up,
Glad that you got a chance when it seemed like you couldn't.

1.16 am,
You emerged out of the door,
Together with the pastor's smile,
You looked at me with your tear-strained eyes,
I sighed in relief.
You were okay.

You walked over to me with a smile,
And leaned next to me,
Whispering about the events behind closed doors,
I would have hugged you if no one was there,
Yet in my heart, I was so happy for you.

So we decided to have cereal,
I smiled brightly as I made it for you,
Thinking that I'd be replaying this scene one day
In a different setting, somewhere in the future.
You watched me with a smile,
For you also had that thought in your mind.

Once we settled in our seats,
We talked.
Gazing into your beautiful brown eyes,
I smiled as I listened to you.
My hands shivered in the cold, and immediately,
You cupped my hands into yours as I held the warm mug of cereal.

We recounted precious memories,
and enthusiastically talked about the future.
We have a long wait. A long, long wait.
Yet everyday brings us closer
To the gift that we will one day open.

Tenderly, I pushed your hair away from your eyes
And ran the back of my hand across your face,
Tracing your slight moustache with my finger,
Watching you as you sipped the cereal carefully
After first, feeding it to me.

For a moment or two,
Our gaze locked.
My heart turned over as I contemplated
Who you are as a person,
Your character that drew me to you.


We clasped our hands, out of love
and away from the cold
What a beautiful night in the hills!
As the stars danced beneath the clouds
As the moon slept with a smile.

1.50 am,
The pastor's wife walked in,
Our hearts froze,
It was time to go,
She smiled at us, her kind eyes watching us,
As we finished the last bit and stood up to leave.


After we washed up,
We looked at each other to say good night,
As she watched us, still with a smile,
Waiting for us to leave,
Although you playfully walked over to me,
She held you back, still with her smile,
Eventually, you blew a kiss to me from across your room,
I smiled back at you, my stomach in backflips,
As she rolled her eyes and finally made us go into our respective rooms.

What a memorable night it was,
Just you and me,
And the cold hills of the morning,
A memory that will never fade
One that would last a lifetime,
Where no words could comprehend,
The night when we got a glimpse of the future.


And so the pastor's wife told me the next day,
"Last night was fun, wasn't it?
Well, more of it will come in the future"
She smiled and didn't hesitate to add,
"In God's Time".

0 comments: