Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A journey in time

Cruising down memory lane, back when I was 15 and 16. The greatest times of my life!
(gosh, I speak as though I'm 80 already! Maybe I am)
Here were the things I liked:


Prawn Mee was my absolute favourite back then (before I came to Selayang and discovered Pan Mee!). Everytime I'd be craving for it, so much so that my mom asked me if I was pregnant! The best one I've ever tasted was in Penang.


My BESTBESTBEST friends who were with me for three years and then we split in Form Four because we were sent to different classes. L-R: Neermala, Durkeshini, Luveeniya, Me, Sri Vithia.
These were the moments that I wasn't a loner. When I was given a chance to have best friends.


The Cheetah Girls, the only kind of music I listened to. Plus, I read their books. Their vocals were excellent seriously! And their dance moves were awesome. I also loved their BFF spirit, it always left a hope that one day, I'll find my own group of cheetahlicious girls! (sighh...girly dreams...)


This is my favourite song:




AND..... (majortriplequadruple sighhhh...)
I had this huge crush on Lucas Grabeel! He was the first thing on my mind when I woke up and the last thing when I slept. Everytime I saw him on TV, my heart danced.
Gosh, now when I think back, I wonder how all this was possible? Crushing heavily on something you don't know. I guess thats why they call it a CRUSH!
(honestly, when I look at him, I still smile. but my heart beats for another... *wink*)



Long walks. I loved walking by the school field alone and think. I had a lot of things going on and watching the green grass and smelling the fresh air was a way for me to let go. Most of my stories came from these walks...



I was addicted to "The Clique" series ( blame it on Tracy!). I kept reading and reading cause i found it so awesome at that time. This is Book One to Book Six. Until now, I still pick it up and read when I'm in the mood for something catty, nonsensical and rich ;-)




JANE AUSTEN. Need I explain more?? ( love you to death...)


Aly and AJ. The other kind of music that I loved. Too bad I couldn't find their albums in Malaysia. I had to download their songs. But I loved their movies and music videos. Once I was highly addicted to "Phil of The Future", a sitcom in Disney Channel that Aly Michalka (right) was acting in (and was having a major crush on Ricky Ullman as well!).
Noticed that none of the above had any elements of God or reading the Bible?
This was my life. Pop culture, glitter, perishable things.
Yet, I didn't regret because I think that the past shapes us for the future.
Now I have a greater hunger for God and not these things. Growing up, my interests have changed. And I'm happy.
Until I learn to long for something unperishable, I will not get what I want.

0 comments: