Tuesday, March 30, 2010

License to Bake

Baking has been one of my favourites since I was a kid. Years ago, whenever my mom went to the bakery to buy some buns for breakfast, the first place I'll go to is the kitchen where magnificent cakes were being baked. Of course they didn't let me in the kitchen, (DUH!) but I watched the way they worked their magic on the icing, the layers, the creaming behind the huge glass window. AWESOME!


So, for the Pan Mee Fella's March babies celebration, I decided to try Michael Smith's double chocolate chip cookie recipe and this is how it turned out.

The cookies are ready to be put into the oven. I love folding it in and finally adding the chocolate chip cookies. The ones sprinkled all around the dough are the extras that I had to force in so that every bite of my cookies would have chocolate chips in it. I'm a big fan of chocolate chips...and the smell of vanilla essence. (just that the taste of it is horrible!)


The tray has finally been greased and the cookies set. I had two trays and eight batches for each tray, so that amounts to a whole lot of cookies. I used the 'Famous Amos' technique to assemble the cookies (mind you, I've watched them do that, so I know). because its way easier than using two spoons which is quite tedious. Notice that every cookies has chocolate chips stuffed in it?


Done! This was my second batch. The first batch came out a little burnt so I had to put it into another container. Honestly, I kept eating two cookies from every batch (and hoping that it won't go straight to my hips).
I enjoyed it and others enjoyed it as well. I don't want to sound conceited but I had good reports about it from Ashwyn, Josiah, Xin En, Sheralyn and U Shen, so that kept me smiling the whole day! HEHE.
I hope to expand my skill and venture into cakes and pies, as well as buns and tarts. Well, little by little, I'll get there. Anyway, I'll keep posting my creations onto my FB and if I'm not lazy, the blog.


My inspirations: Anna Olson and Michael Smith.
:-)

1 comments:

Steph C D said...

yr creations actually look like the cookies from famour amos!!