Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The bookworm strikes again!

Again, I'm too busy reading to tear my face away from the pages and onto the laptop screen. Its such a joy to be an avid reader, a bookworm, a literature junkie and a nerd all in one. Besides being engrossed in your imagination, you learn different writing styles and have the ability to comprehend the beauty of language!

I wished I read the book first and then watched the movie. (Sigh...didn't know this book actually existed!) Two sisters, Anne and Mary Boleyn, both competing for the love of a king besides being caught in the pawn of their family's plots. In my opinion, Henry VIII is such a flop! ( I prefer his brother, Arthur) There's just so much of addictive drama between the Boleyns.
Still, I'm appreciating the 16th century setting and the way Gregory tells her story.


This book is incredible! Its so awesome to go into the mind of a man who has Savant Syndrome, an extremely rare form of Asperger's that enables him such intelligence. He sees numbers as shapes and colours. If you ask him to divide 13 by 97, he can give you an answer up to 100 decimal places almost instantly! Wow. Plus, its written in easy language so its simple to read and every page is a discovery!
If only he wasn't gay.

I got this at the bookstore today after negotiating with my mind if I should get "The Time Traveller's Wife" instead (except that the picture here is not the exact cover of the book that I bought. My book cover is way nicer! haha). After discussing a little bit with Josiah, I decided to get this since I was quite inclined to this story rather than the former. I haven't started reading it yet, though, but something tells me this will be a good read.
:-)
Yay!!! I can finally fill up my time the next 2 weeks before I'm off to college!
btw, I'm starting college on the 22nd. YIPPEEE...


........and I can't wait for encounter camp next week!

0 comments: