Friday, March 26, 2010

Thoughts afar...

Life is seriously getting lonelier and lonelier...
I really desire to get out of this area and into a place where I don't know anyone. Just to start all over and forget the past.

Thats how I'm feeling right now.

But deep inside, I have another feeling. Maybe I'm learning something from all this. That life doesn't always have to be merry. Sometimes you have to go through the wilderness to get to the promise land. Maybe right now, this is my wilderness. And its so important that while you are in the wilderness, you are in close contact with God because seriously, the temptation to quit is really great.

Three months into the year 2010. How time flies! This year is a year of hard lessons, as how I see it. In our Bible class (the previous CLDP 301), there's this statement on the last chapter of our notes: God never wastes a hurt!
I guess its true because most of life's lessons are learnt when you're going through challenges. When life is smooth sailing, I'm pretty sure there are a few lessons to learn, but the ones that make the impact are the ones that you go through during the tough times. The difficult times when all you want to do is quit.

But for me, I still persevere because I have a reason to live because the life that I now live is not my own. It belongs to someone far greater than what we can comprehend.

From what I see, as the year progresses, the challenges are going to be greater. Tougher and harder to the point where you must surrender all to the Lord. Our dependence on Him gives us the strength to move on when deep inside, all you want to do is give up.

So what about loneliness? How do I go about it?
Well, the only answer that comes to my mind right now is two simple words.
GIVE THANKS.
Just two words that can make a whole lot of difference to what we think and how we feel.

0 comments: