Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A gift in His time

"My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"
Psalm 73:26

I don't care what my heart wants to feel, I choose to obey You.
I don't care what my lazy being is telling me, I still choose to follow You.

Its not easy, its not hard. Its somewhere in between. This long road that I walk along, I know that You're right beside me. Sometimes I can't see Your footprints, but inside I know You're still there.
Talking to me, laughing with me and sometimes teaching me a hard, hard lesson.

Life is a journey of endless possibilities. You know the number one desire that I long for. Something I cannot have at this moment. Something I have to wait on You and keep trusting.
Something that brings a smile to my face and warmth to my heart but at the same time, a painful stab on the stomach because of hurt, separation and deep longing.


In all I do, I honour You. Forgive me, Lord for my disobedience.
But thank You, Lord for this precious gift that You've given me.

A gift that I can only unwrap in Your time. A beautiful gift sitting at the shelf, waiting for time to reveal its beauty. Thank you for this person.


"Let not our longing slay the appetite of our living" - Jim Elliot. (God bless his soul)

I'm all set. Here I am, Lord.
I'm all yours.

0 comments: