Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This or that?

Too busy reading to update. These are the two books that have been keeping my attention away from the computer screen:
The story of Catherine of Aragon, the queen who was pushed off her throne by Anne Boleyn. Married to the notorious Henry VIII's older brother, Arthur (the next heir of the Tudor Dynasty) and later widowed, took control of her life by telling the most audacious lie in English history
"I am Catalina, Princess of Spain, daughter of the two greatest monarchs the world has ever known... and I will be Queen of England".



One of the saddest stories I've read. All because of an event in her life that robbed her the innocence of youth. Despite her suffering and weakness in the face of her suffering, she demonstrated a long-suffering patience and endurance
"You are very good. But it strikes me that there is a want of harmony between your present mood of self-sacrifice and your past mood of self-preservation."

0 comments: