Sunday, February 21, 2010

A prayer to God

Dear God,

I don't know how I feel right now. Please comfort me as I cry in silence. My heart wails deeply, I need to trust in You. Lord, help me realise that time is a good trainer. Help me to give myself space to grow into the person I want to be, the permission to fail and a pat on my back when I succeed.
Most importantly, Lord, help me to forgive myself. Help me not to set unrealistic expectations on myself and I acknowledge that I'm a sinner. Dear God, help me to see You as a merciful father, that I don't have to bash myself up so bad whenever I mess up. The same way that You have forgiven me, help me to also forgive myself.
O God, speak to my parents' hearts and let then grant me independence. I realise Lord, that "with great power comes great responsibility". So show me the things I can do to gain my parents' approval. I ask, O God, that You'll grant me wisdom to approach this subject to my parents.
Dear God, minister to my broken heart and comfort me. Help me internalize Your word and not my thoughts. Open my mind, that I will change my perspective, to be more positive and cheerful.
Lastly, O Lord, help me to be thankful and to count my blessings. Grant me the maturity to receive and acknowledge Your blessings. For whatever happens, I choose to praise You. You are Sovereign.
"The Lord gave, and the Lord had taken away;
Blessed be the name of the Lord"
- Job 1:21
AMEN.
:-)

0 comments: