Friday, January 22, 2010

The Genesis

I am finally feeling a sense of fulfillment right now after arranging the current state of my life. No more lazy, feet-dragging around the house or spending useless time on the internet, but I'm finally doing some activites with my free time.
And one of them, baking!
Just Tuesday, I baked a batch of chewy chocolate chip cookies ( 'Chef At Home', Michael Smith's recipe) and they turned out great! I was very generous with the choco chips, mind you and every bite was just awesome goodness. The bad side, I gave in to my 'sinful' desires and whacked most of it (besides my family) and now they're gone! And it was barely 3 days of its existence.

CONCLUSION : I'm a real cookie-eater. (Like 'Nigella Bites')


This is my masterpiece! *jumps up and down with joy*. I know the cat mug is lame but I needed a little humour to go with it.
;-)

For some of you who don't already know, I am now working at 'Yayasan Kajian & Pembangunan Masyarakat' as a part-time volunteer, mostly teaching special classes for children and handling Youth activites around the Prima Selayang area.

This is the morning class where I'm helping out. Mostly with Maths and a little language here and there. The children are just lovely! Whenever I walk in, a few of them light up with megawatt smiles and some jump on me and shower me with hugs. Then there's the afternoon class where I teach language on Wednesday afternoons. The only difference is that the class is held at the Y2A centre so there's a great deal of walking and its a big group of kids.



I'm quite happy where I am now. Seeing that my hours are flexible and that I can pursue my driving (I've been practicing!). Thank God for mommy dearest who is helping me and making sure I look at the road and not at my toes ;-)

Plus, I've learnt to see things in a new perspective. This I have to thank the Lord because He has heard my prayers and is changing me from glory to glory. I am now less emo, more vibrant and a way better person!

CHEERS =)

0 comments: