Monday, January 25, 2010

At times

At times when I set my sights on you
You never fail to amaze me
Your gentle eyes, your vast knowledge
The way you hold my heart in your hands
Gently holding it
So lovingly
Protecting it with your life

At times when I read your verses of love
Streams of admiration burst through my soul
Pondering your precious words, your deepest thoughts
Never knowing that you were a romantic at heart
Beneath the porcelain finish of your built
Lies a soft, noble heart
Skillfully crafted by the One above


At times when I hear your voice
Oh how my heart dances in delight!
Upon your assuring words, singing
through the miles that separate us
Listening to your thoughts, your heart's cry
As I quietly admire
The person that you are

At times when I feel your touch on me
My spine shivers, my insides twist
Your soft skin resting upon mine
When our fingers meet in hiding
In grave suspense and thrills
When you place your hands on my face
Looking deep into my eyes

At times when I include you in my prayers
I know the Lord will watch over you
I know He has great plans for you
And so I gradually release you to God
Because I know that you're in good hands
My soul rests quietly, tears shedding
Beneath the pain, the sun will still rise

And you'll always be in my heart

25th January 2010, 6.50pm

0 comments: